Monday, October 21, 2013

Cooking Day

Today I spent about 2 hours cooking. I compiled a few recipes from pinterest and went to work on them. I am thinking that it will last me the next month because we're going to be out of town for a long weekend, and we have stuff for BLT's, mac and cheese, pasta, hot dogs, etc. We also will save days for leftovers because we decided we go out to eat way too much. I am hoping that this stops that, too. A few things to note before you start reading...

1. Onions - Pretty much every time a recipe calls for onions, I use sweet onions. This is for a few reasons. Mainly because I can't cut regular onions. It just makes my eyes tear up like no one's business. Also because I love the taste of sweet onions. So much so that I take bites of it as I'm chopping. Yum.

2. I have not eaten any of these yet but will do reviews and link them here once I have eaten them. I just wanted to get this typed up asap. I am super excited about it.

3. This was fun! I sort of worked fast and some of the recipes did not say if you could freeze them or not so it may turn out well, it may not. Hence the reviews later.


The recipes I used were:

Chili seasoning - This one I am packaging up for myself and using it often. We always have chili. I bought about 5.5 pounds of ground beef and cooked up 1.5 pounds of it for the chili. One pound will be a full batch and the .5 pound I will add more beans/tomatoes to make up for it.

Garlic bread - I bought a bag of 18 small French bread rolls and Dan and I ate 6 of them for sandwiches. So I took the remaining 12 and made garlic bread to freeze. There are so many times when we are eating and wish we had garlic bread to go with our meal. All I will have to do now is pop them in a 400 degree oven and bake them while still wrapped in the foil for about 20 minutes (I individually wrapped each once when I slathered the butter all over the inside.) I had to triple the recipe for all 12 rolls.



Pot Roast




Beef Stew - I did not put lima beans into this. It was okay. Dan and I were not thrilled with it.





Crock Pot Pork and Apples - Super excited about this - haven't tried it yet!


Pork Chops - haven't tried these yet either.



Pork chops and peaches - This one takes about 2 minutes to throw together so it will be a last minute one.

On top of all of these, I bought stuff for BLT's a few nights, ribs for 3 nights, chicken wings, meatloaf for about 4 nights.....It should last us a while :)

We also just got back from Texas and I my cousin was telling me about a freezer meal party...I am so looking into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment