Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Roasted Broccoli - Frozen

We were getting ready to make dinner tonight and I really wanted roasted broccoli.  And since we are lazy (and Dylan doesn't like to cooperate in life at night time) we couldn't get to the store for fresh broccoli.  We had frozen but I wasn't sure if you could roast frozen.  Enter Google.

I found this recipe - it was one of the first ones that popped up in my google search.

Carly Kablooey

And let me tell you - I like this "recipe" because she basically tells you to add everything to taste.  All I really needed was a temperature and time.  So I used salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, Italian bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and olive oil/vegetable oil (read: I ran out of olive oil halfway through and needed more so I used vegetable oil also.) You could probably add red pepper flakes, too.  Even though it wasn't as crispy as I had wanted, Dan and I both agreed it was pretty good alongside his creation of teriyaki pork chops with a pineapple/pear salsa (Dylan being crabby has also forced Dan into the kitchen more and me bouncing and shushing in the living room more.)



No comments:

Post a Comment