Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mommy and Dylan's sick day

To say that things have been crazy since I returned to work would be an understatement. Obviously, since I haven't updated. Oops.

What's been going on? Honestly nothing huge.  Just trying to get into a groove with Dylan in the mornings.  If I start work at 7, I have to get myself ready after I pump at 5am and then wake him up at 6:30 to feed him and get him dressed.  Sometimes I don't even feed him because he doesn't want to be fed.  I never thought I would have to wake up my 3 month old at 6:30 in the morning.  He is such a good sleeper (at night) and we are so lucky.  He hasn't really been sleeping well for naps though at school.  He's getting used to it. This past month though I would say there was one big event....

Last Sunday (the 25th) we went upstairs to go to bed around 7:30 because I was going to clean out my closet before we went to sleep.  At about 8:30 I started to feel incredibly weak.  I just chalked it up to having a long weekend and being tired so I went to bed.  When the alarm went off at 5am though, I thought I had been run over by a steam roller.  My entire body ached.  I pumped and kept thinking that there was no way I was making it to work.  Dan got out of the shower and I took my temperature - 99.9.  Now my temperature is usually under 98 when normal so I knew this was high.  I texted my boss and told her that I was going to go into work (I was early that day) and probably make a dr's appointment.  She texted back and said she had been up all night with her daughter who had had a fever. Perfect.  As I continued to get ready, I noticed more weakness and more pain in my breast.  I was sure I had mastitis.  My boss called and said she had called school and figured out the schedule so I could take a sick day.  I have called in sick once in my entire life so this was hard for me.

I dropped off Dylan at school at about 7 and told the teachers I was leaving.  Dylan had picked up a little cold and bad cough and it had gotten worse, so I called the doctor for myself and him at 9.  My doctor said I had mastitis and prescribed me an antibiotic.  I made an appointment for Dylan at 5 to make sure he didn't have croup.  At about noon (my fever had made it up to about 102 by this point) I decided there was no way on God's green Earth that I was making it to a doctor's appointment for Dylan.  I was on my couch under 3 blankets (one of which was an electric blanket) and was still shivering.  I literally slept on the couch all day. Dan had also had a wake to attend so I asked my mom if she could come over and help me with Dylan because I couldn't take care of myself, let alone another human being.  Dan took Dylan to the doctor and they gave him a nebulizer treatment and sent him to the hospital to do xrays to make sure he didn't have pneumonia or bronchitis. I was freaking out because I wanted to be there with them.  Turns out he was fine, so Dan brought him back so he could go to the wake.  My mom and Davion came over and hung out with us until about 9 when Dan got back. The doctor wanted Dylan to stay home from school Tuesday so Dan took a sick day.

I was still feeling a little weak on Tuesday but I had to fight through it because I have no more sick time.  I honestly would not wish mastitis upon ANYONE.  I could have muscled through the pain in my breast but that fever kicked my ass. Every inch of my body hurt. I seriously felt like a train had hit me full speed and then ran me over. IT. WAS. AWFUL.

Other than that, we really have just been adjusting.  I haven't been taking too many pictures so I am slacking on my scrapbook for him. Tomorrow is Dylan's baptism so I am hoping to be able to update with pictures! Happy 3 month birthday to Dylan! Pictures to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment