Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Chipotle burrito bowl

This one of my favorite things to make I think.  And it's so easy.  Instead of going to Chipotle and spending money, make one at home.  You can do any kind of meat.  We used some left over beef from a crock pot meal that Dan's sister Sarah made for us after we had Dylan (thanks Sarah!)

So I didn't take any pictures along the way (read: I was holding my 6 week old while he cried) but I did get one of the end.  I don't really know about measurements because you can kind of do whatever you like.

2 cups cooked rice (I hate making rice so I use the boil in a bag rice)
The juice of 1/2 of a lime
2 Tblsp chopped cilantro
1 can of black beans
Your favorite salsa
Shredded cheese
Sour cream
1/2 Avocado - diced
Shredded lettuce
Meat of your choice - When we make our own, we cook it and add taco seasoning as if we're going to make tacos.

After cooking the rice, add the juice of 1/2 a lime and the chopped cilantro.  Mix it together while it's still hot.
Spoon the rice into bowls and top with what you like. I like to eat mine with chips.  We always have leftovers so one of us will eat it the next day.  And I will eat this - and I hate leftovers!

Here's a picture of mine - no cheese or sour cream.  :( I called the doctor today about Dylan's fussiness and the nurse wants me to remove dairy from my diet for 10 days and see if it works. SUCKY...

No comments:

Post a Comment