Monday, October 1, 2012

3 weeks old

I really really wanted to be updating more often but this little guy hates to be put down :)

We are still getting to know each other.  It's so strange that this little guy that was inside of me for 9 months is now here, and I have to know exactly what he needs.  Well, I don't.  I don't know anything about babies younger than 6 weeks.  So in the first 2 weeks, (it seemed like) he was crying constantly.  I was under the impression that he would be on a feeding schedule (HA!) so I was feeding him every 2-3 hours. Yeah, no.  He eats about every hour and a half. So far, my "maternity leave to do list" is out the window until further notice :)

This week we seem to be getting the hang of each other.  He finally likes his swing and I think he is enjoying the music and white noise that we put on for him.  Here are some more things I'm learning about him:

- He LOVES the car.  He falls asleep as soon as we get in.  If he isn't tired, he will wake up and scream at every red light..  Which leads me to - when you have an infant that likes to move, red lights are the devil.

- He eats often but not for long each time. He has only had formula a few times - I have been nursing him 90% of the time.  He gets a bottle at night so Dan can feed him once a day and hang out with him.

- He loves the darkness when he's tired.  We've learned that to get him to sleep at night he needs to be swaddled, clean diaper, pacifier, pressed up against your body, swaying, in the dark.  High maintenance?

- He doesn't mind Shadow's kisses at all!  I am really glad about this.  I was worried.  But Shadow will come over and kiss him and he just stares at him.

- Laser still doesn't care much about him.  Which I am totally okay with.

- He really likes to be held. 

- He is already starting to grow out of his newborn clothes! Only some of them.  Some of the shirts are turning into total 80's shirts and coming off of his shoulders. 

It is a rare moment that I am able to sit down and write a post! This week we are finally figuring each other out - and it feels good!







No comments:

Post a Comment