Tuesday, July 10, 2012

32 Weeks

Hello reader(s)!

I am officially 32 weeks!  I feel like I'm getting huge and having a hard time moving around.

Everything that is done is done with a grunt.

I have been doing a lot of crafting.  Some for his room (all done with his picture wall - will post pictures soon.) and some for my Etsy shop.  I had my 32 week appointment yesterday and everything is going well.  My due date is the same and she said he is showing no signs of coming early.  I am so okay with that.  I want him to stay in there as long as he needs to.  I am so not ready for him.  We need furniture for his room and that's about it.  I have my last 2 showers coming up - one at my mom's and one at work.

My good friend from childhood, Rachael, had her baby last weekend.  They named her Rowan McKinley.  She has so much hair and is so beautiful.  She wrote about her birthing experience and I'm not gonna lie, it scared the shit out of me.   She had planned to do it without drugs, which I have no desire to do, but I have a lot of respect for her.

Seeing all the pictures of her family meeting her and her and her husband with her got me really excited.  Also I liked hearing how she named her.  We are down to 2, maybe 3, names.  I want to want to see what he looks like but Dan doesn't buy that.  He wants to have a name ready before we go into the hospital. 

I also got an email from what to expect and there was a whole thing about things people wish other mothers would have told them about childbirth, labor, etc.  One that really hit me was "pack a bag!"  We are 8 weeks out and I don't have a bag packed but I guess anything could happen right now really.  So that is on my list this weekend - to pack a bag.  I think I finally picked his going home outfit so that's exciting :)

Work is starting to kind of make me tired, but I don't really want to cut back because I get paid hourly.  It's not like it's making me stressed or anything so I don't think cutting back would even do anything for me.  It's just hard getting up early to do early shifts, but it is exhausting when I get home at 6:30 for the late shifts.  If I could work 9:30-3:30 that would be great :)

My craving for watermelon is out of this world.  I cannot stop eating it.  Every time I go to the grocery store, I do not leave without watermelon or strawberries.  Most of the time it's both.

Nothing else going on really!   We have our class this weekend and tour of the hospital.  I'm excited because I feel like I have a lot of questions. So we'll see how that goes!  Other than that, I'm hoping to update more since we're getting closer here.

1 comment:

  1. YAY it's getting so close! I love that you are craving fruit as much as I did. It hasn't gone away either. Now that I am breastfeeding I freaking eat all the time and have the appetite of a large man. :) I did NOT want to scare the shit out of you by reading my experiance. You are going to do great and he is going to come out healthy and screaming. I have been praying for that little guy for awhile now and have good feelings about his delivery. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete