Tuesday, May 22, 2012

25 Weeks

I really need to update more often!  I feel like I have so much to say but never get around to writing it down. :(



Here's what's been going on for the last 3 weeks....

*Clearly, I got really fat.  I gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks! I realize it's all for the baby but this is hard for me to accept.  It's the most I have ever weighed.  I feel like I am a house (I know, "it's only going to get worse..." if I hear that one more time, I am going to go apeshit on someone. Seriously.)
*My tailbone feels like I fell down an entire flight of wood stairs.  And I know how that feels, because I have.  The morning isn't bad, but as the day goes on and I am going up and down from my chair at work, it's extremely painful.  By the end of the night, I am ready to cry while I'm laying in bed.  It's a huge pain to shift around at night (which I wake up to do about 60 time) too.
*My heartburn went away (yay!) but came back (boo!).  The only relief I find is ice cream and milk.  Sitting up doesn't help, like I've been told. Liars.
*We went to our first wedding.  It was in Wisconsin and I made it until midnight!  Once we got back to the hotel room and I laid down, he went nuts!  I think he liked the music and dancing.  It was weird because I felt like I couldn't even jump/dance and get off the ground. This was also the night after we went to see our first movie with him.  He was very quiet and motionless during the movie though.
*I am getting to be a pro at peeing in the dark.  I think I walked to the bathroom with my eyes closed the other night. Pretty impressive.
*Along with the tailbone pain comes back pain. Still. The end.
*I feel like I need to DIY EVERYTHING in his room.  I have so many ideas and I feel like every inch of the wall space in his room is going to be covered.
*Dan and I were talking about how we can't believe that (theoretically) he will be here in 15 weeks.  15 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

Here's a picture from the first wedding...this is Dan's friend E that he used to work with at E&Y.  We drove up to Wisconsin for this wedding (with the new car!) and it was a lot of fun.  I was really nervous that I was going to want to go home right after dinner, but it was awesome.  I ate a lot too. haha. And yes, my bra is showing.  And no, I don't care.


Our second wedding was this past weekend.  It was for Kim (who I used to work with at KinderCare) and Derek.  It was really cool to see them finally get married - they have a son who will be 5 in September.  Seeing him run around the wedding and be a part of the wedding was so cool.  I never cried at weddings until after my own.  And now that I'm pregnant, there's even a whole other meaning to them. This little man isn't even born yet and I can't imagine marrying him off.  It got Dan talking about how I will probably never like any girl he ever brings home.  He is probably right.  :)




 Finally, my cousin Nick was in town so we all went to my mom's and had dinner.  He was driving from the east coast to west coast and slept at my parents Monday night.  So we got to see him which is nice because I don't think I've seen him since my wedding.

Dan is totally getting into "Dad Mode."  I am so proud of him because those of you that know me, know that it is very rare that I do stuff around the house.  I am sort of the worst wife in the world.  He is all about getting the baby's room (I almost just typed "extra bedroom!") ready and I have no desire to do this.  There is so much STUFF in there and it's all getting pushed down to the basement.  He gets concerned when I complain about a pregnancy pain and convinces me to call the doctor to make sure that everything is okay.  I'm glad he's doing this all because I never call/go to the doctor, and I never initiate cleaning in the house unless I'm really pissed off. 


What's coming up.....

*2 more weddings! :)
*We get another ultrasound at 28 weeks (June 11th) because of my low placenta.  I am trying not to worry because worst case scenario, I have to have a C-Section which is not ideal, but if it keeps him safe, then I'm all for it.
*Our 3 year wedding anniversary!  I can't believe that 3 years ago we got married, and here we are getting ready to have a baby.   I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was reading a blog post from a good friend who is also pregnant and she mentioned that she can easily see her husband as a Dad, but has a hard time seeing herself as a Mom.  I feel the same way about Dan and me.  Before I got pregnant, I had no problem walking into the infant classroom and picking up a baby and making faces and talking in funny voices. But after I got pregnant, I feel kind of funny doing it now.  I don't know why, and maybe "funny" isn't the right word.  It's just weird.  Kind of scary to know that in about 6 months, one of those babies is going to be mine.  It's not going to be that easy to put him down and walk away.

Phew! That's a nice long post to make up for the last 3 weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment