Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pregnancy rage

There are a few things I had heard about pregnancy that I didn't believe (or didn't want to believe) that I have been experiencing.  Oddly enough, I have only cried twice since I've been pregnant.  I am an incredibly emotional person so this is weird for me.  There have been times when I (not pregnant) would've cried in a second.  It's odd that I don't feel the urge to.  So I haven't been really getting emotional.  I have, however, experienced pregnancy rage, and my friends, this shit is real.

Last Saturday morning I woke up kind of early because I knew I had a lot to do.  I wanted to go to Target and get a gift for my cousin Katie's baby that we were going to see.  I also wanted to get some things to make them lasagna.  So off I went at about 8:30 to Target.  From the second my foot hit the brake on the car to put it into reverse, I wanted to rip someone's head off.  I am not sure why, but someone was going to die before the end of the day and it was going to be my hands that did the dirty work.

I showed up at Target ready to go. I picked out a few outfits.  Well, tried.  I couldn't make a decision to save my life, so naturally, I wanted to take it out on someone else and KILL.  I walked away from my cart and when I turned around to get it, I was sure someone moved it 3 feet over, which enraged me.  I grabbed the outfits I wanted, and it was off to the grocery section.  I needed red sauce, cottage cheese, cookie dough mix, and mozzarella cheese.  Pretty simple, yes? NO.  NOT FOR TARGET.  I must have walked those aisles 46 times and could not find sliced mozzarella cheese to save my (or my unborn child's) life.  I became that crazy person who was talking to themselves in the aisles, and I didn't give a shit.  I needed cheese and I needed it NOW.  I walked past the section labeled "cheese" about 35 times to make sure I wasn't missing it.  Could not find it.  I didn't want to ask anyone for help (couldn't find anyone anyway because I am convinced that when you don't need help, they're in your face.  When you do need help, they run away.  And I would've run away from me, too.) so I went to check out.  Paid for my things and realized I needed butter and possibly eggs for the cookies.  I texted Dan to see if we needed eggs and he must've known that I was ready to kill because he answered within 100 seconds (I wanted him to answer within 4, but I would settle for 100.)  He said we did not need eggs, but I still needed stupid cheese.  I went to Dominick's (which I never do - it's so expensive) got my butter and cheese and went home.

When I got home I told Dan that it would be in his best interest to agree with EVERYTHING I said until further notice or I would rip his head off...or he would have to watch me rip someone else's head off.

The day ended up not being so bad as I got my baby fix. :)  But ever since then, I feel like my temper is about as short as me and I still have not gotten my first kill....

No comments:

Post a Comment