Monday, March 26, 2012

17 Weeks - NO MORE MORNING SICKNESS!!!

YAHOOO!!!! I have not thrown up in 8, count 'em, 8 whole days!  This is huge for me.  I finally feel good when I wake up.  HOWEVER, my back is killing me.  I called the doctor today and asked if it could be sciatica already.  The nurse never really did answer me.  Just told me to try to stay off my feet and it should go away.  Awesome.  She also suggested PT if it doesn't go away in a couple of days.  But honestly, I will take this back pain over the throwing up any day.  It feels so good to have a full meal!

Side note, I am HATING how these pictures are turning out.  I don't know what it is, but I pretty much hate everything about them.  I hate the lighting (tried playing with it) I hate the fonts, I hate my face (I look horrible!)...I just hate everything.  So, maybe I will edit them all :)

17 Week updates....
- I am still eating a lot of strawberries, just not as much.  Probably 1 pint a week instead of 2. :)
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream is the best.
- Jolly Rancher jelly beans are in a close second.
- I think I am finally feeling the magicalness of this Second Trimester.  I am feeling more energetic and I think I am writing off morning sickness as of week 16.  I haven't thrown up since last Sunday!
- Starting to research bottles, strollers, car seats...holy crap.
- I have done a lot of crafts around the house.  I keep thinking of ideas for baby's room but I have to wait and see what color it will be :)

On my birthday last weekend Dan and I went to Buy Buy Baby to look around and it was very overwhelming.  Lots of questions and lots of answers.  Also Dan had some questions that I honestly did not know the answers.  Kind of got me a little scared.  I have no idea what kinds of bottles to use, pacifiers....I tried doing some research but I'm just nervous.  What if I choose brand A and baby only likes brand B?  So many decisions.

The bathroom is almost done (thanks mom!).  She went to Mexico this week so when she comes back she'll put back up our baseboards and touch up some of our painting.  Then it's on to the baby's room!  We find out in 3 long weeks what color we should be painting.  I can not contain my excitement!  I am sure with my luck though this baby will have its legs crossed and will be passed out sleeping so we won't be able to tell.  Or it will be a "maybe" it's a girl or "maybe" it's a boy.  I am excited for the 20 week ultrasound for that and to just see baby again.  It's so different hearing the heartbeat and seeing the baby.  I feel like when we hear the heartbeat it's just my heartbeat.  It's hard to think that there is a baby in there.  I know, I think I say that every post but it's real!  It's so crazy.

Nothing else really going on! I have some recipes to post but I'll do those later.  I am going to bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment